Before going to the Maldives, I was warned that I might get bored. My mom had read several blogs and was convinced I would want to leave after a day or two because I would run out of things to do. She’s right that I wouldn’t have wanted to stay in the Maldives very long, but four days was the perfect amount of time and even on a remote island with nothing but a resort, you can still find a few things to do. Here are my top 5 recommendations for things to do in the Maldives:
- Stay in an overwater villa: This was my first time staying in an overwater villa and I loved it. There’s just something about being able to get out of bed and go straight into the ocean. The sound of the waves was soothing at night .
- Scuba dive: The water is clear and warm and it feels good to occasionally be active in such a relaxing place.
- Go for a sunrise walk: Sunrises and sunsets in the Maldives are gorgeous. And if you happen to be from the US like I am, waking up for sunrise won’t be too difficult thanks to jet lag 😉
- Go swimming/snorkeling: The water is a nice temperature and many hotels will provide snorkeling equipment with your stay.
- Take photos: Whatever you do, don’t forget your camera! The Maldives are incredible and you’ll definitely want to spend some time taking pictures.